BISD4Kids is a group of community members who feel it is essential the $183.2 million bond proposal succeeds for the benefit of our schools and the communities in which we live. It is our fundamental priority to enable our public school officials with the tools and funds to ensure a great education for all our students.
Why Is A Bond Election Needed?
- Eliminate more than 65 portable classrooms across the district.
- Consolidate four of the oldest and smallest elementary schools into two new schools, which would save approximately $15 million in operating costs over the next 10 years.
- Major renovations such as replacing aging roofs, HVAC systems and plumbing as well as adding energy management systems throughout the district.
- Replace facilities that are between 50 and 65 years old with modern facilities that require less money to operate and maintain.
- New computers and mobile devices, Internet connectivity for wireless devices and provide all students access to technology used in the classroom.
- Additional safety and security measures throughout the district.
- New or upgraded science labs throughout the district.
- Relocate the Horticulture and Animal Science program from Richland High School to the Birdville Center of Technology and Advanced Learning to serve students from all three high schools in the district.
Continuing Quality Education!
- A quality environment contributes to enhanced student performance.
- Quality facilities help attract and retain top educators.
- Creating cost savings will allow more money to be available to educate students district-wide.
- Quality facilities are safe facilities!
We invite you to join our effort and Vote “FOR” BISD Kids on May 11th, 2013.
- This feed URL is no longer valid. Visit this page to find the new URL, if you have access: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=319432344826188